ENVS 320, CONSERVATION ECOLOGY
Lab Schedule (Tentative)
Normal lab time is 1:00-4:00.
|Aug 24||Local Green Spaces||Ruskin Freer Nature Preserve, Blackwater Creek|
|Aug 31||Izaak Walton League||Madison Heights|
|Sep 7||GIS in Conservation: Managing the Yellowstone Ecosystem||Hobbs 209||Short Lab|
|Sep 14||Turnip the Beets Farm and CSA||Amherst County|
|Sep 21||Mill Mountain Zoo||Roanoke||Return 6:00|
|Sep 28||Wildlife Center of Virginia||Waynesboro||Return 5:00|
|Oct 5||Island Biogeography||Hobbs 209||Short Lab|
|Fall Break is Oct 8-11|
|Oct 12||Jamey River Spiny Mussel Conservation||Pedlar River|
|Oct 19||James River State Park||Norwood|
|Oct 26||Appomattox Court House Historical Park||APCO NHP|
|Nov 2||Quantifying Landscape Pattern||Hobbs 209||Short Lab|
|Nov 9||Managing a Nature Center||Claytor Nature Study Center|
|Nov 17||Fire Ecology/Vernal Pools Conservation/Piney River Superfund Site||?|
|Nov 23||No Lab - Thanksgiving Break|
|Nov 30||Public Forum: Reintroducing Wolves to the Yellowstone Ecosystem||Hobbs 221||Short Lab|
Assignments (unless noted otherwise, each lab assignment is worth 10 points and should be submitted via Moodle 2 by the beginning of Thursday's class)
Local Green Spaces
Prior to lab:
● visit and read the Preserve's webpage and its trail webpage.
● visit and read Kathie Driscoll's webpage.
● provide 1 typed question for the Kathie; bring theis to lab.
● these questions and the answer to one of them (hand-written) will be turned in at the end of lab.
● Kathie is looking to hire a student intern. See the job description here. Create a cover letter and resume to apply for this internship.